The NACE Institute is in the process of reviewing the Corrosion Technician certification exam. We are holding a workshop at NACE HQ to review and rewrite questions on the exam. To ensure we cover various regions, practice settings, experience levels and other demographic characteristics of those working in the field, we invite those with a Corrosion Technician certification to participate in the workshop. Start Date
: March 11, 2019End Date
: March 13, 2019Qualifications
Must hold a Corrosion Technician Certification
Must work as a Corrosion TechnicianRequirements
Must speak, read and write English
Must be able to participate for all three (3) days of the workshop
Must complete the Volunteer Contact Form (hit apply for form)
Must adhere to the NII travel guidelines listed below:
- All expenses eligible for reimbursement will be submitted for reimbursement AFTER the workshop concludes.
- Economy Airfare - Domestic flights exceeding $600 and International flights exceeding $1,200 require approval PRIOR to purchase
- Hotel lodging - Room reservations will be made for content contributors at the NII preferred hotel and reimbursed at the negotiated rate. If using an alternative hotel, the reimbursed amount will not exceed the NII negotiated rate and must have an itemized receipt.
- Meals - NII will reimburse meals up to $40 that are not already covered, and they must have an itemized receipt.
- Transportation - Uber, taxi, parking, and/or rental car fees (including fuel) will be reimbursed up to $150 without prior approval and must have a receipt. *The amount is based on typical Uber fees in Houston as it is the most economical choice.