Looking for a volunteer to help assist with cKit experiments during the NACE Foundation's CORROSION: Opportunities Realized mini-camp.
The NACE Foundation is hosting a day-long mini-camp for local high school students during CORROSION 2019 to educate and spread corrosion awareness to the next generation!
- Students will participate in hands-on corrosion related activities, utilizing the NACE Foundation’s cKit™ (Corrosion Toolkit), and will learn basic scientific principles of corrosion in topics such as oxidation, thermodynamics, and electrochemistry.
- Students will also have the opportunity to learn about research and career opportunities from industry professionals and university students while touring the CORROSION 2019 show floor.
If you often find yourself explaining to others about the awesome effects of corrosion, this is the perfect volunteer opportunity for you!
cKit Experiments Responsibilities:
Assist Master Teachers in facilitation and instruction of corrosion experiments from the NACE Foundation’s Corrosion Toolkit (cKit).
Experience Required: Student Member / 0-3 Years Experience
- Must be registered to attend CORROSION 2019 in Nashville, TN
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be fluent and/or proficient in English language
- Basic understanding/knowledge of corrosion concepts, including:
- Chemical Reactions
- Activity series of metals
- Cathodic Protection
- Experience explaining or teaching basic concepts in corrosion (preferred)