As a member of the Finance Committee, this position serves on the Finance Committee, which is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Association’s finances, and for reviewing and recommending actions related thereto.
Essential duties of this position are described in the following Association operating procedures:
Finance Committee Operating Manual
- The Committee is responsible for:
- All matters involving fiscal policy of the Association
- Budgets of the Association
- Ensuring that fiscal policy accomplishes the objectives of the Association
- The method for selection of investment funds of the Association not needed for current operations.
- Reviewing and recommending actions related to the finances of the association
- Reviewing financial reports
- Reviewing and approving annual budget
- Provide analysis and interpretation of financial conditions.
Qualified candidates for this position must:
- Be a member of good standing with the Association
- Have personal or corporate financial support for time and travel required for the position
- Formal education in finance, accounting, business administration or other similar programs
- Professional experience in the realm of finance, accounting, management, business administration or similar fields.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Qualified candidates for this position should possess the following general attributes:
Strategic thinking—ability to look forward
Awareness of current and future industry trends
Broad knowledge and understanding of the various types of customers (e.g., readers, authors, advertisers, non-member customers)
Financial analysis and management (experience with profit and loss responsibilities)
Ability to engage in and facilitate dialog
Global cultural awareness
At a minimum, candidates for this position must be able to meet the general expectations listed below in regard to the time commitment. Additional time may be required as needed.
Chair of the Finance Committee is accountable to the Board of Directors to do what is best for the organization.
Committee: The Finance Committee shall meet as often as necessary to conduct its business. Typically this is one full day meeting, two to three half day meetings and occasional phone meetings.
Travel: Domestic or international travel may be required for meeting attendance.
Service on NACE’s Finance Committee is without remuneration.
This is a three (3) year term.
All applicants will be reviewed by the Finance Committee during their February 2019 meeting. A candidate will be selected and notified in early March 2019.